Saturday, February 5, 2011

Getting Started

It's been a long time since I last kept a blog of sorts. I once upon a time had a Livejournal account (to which I no longer remember my username, let alone my password) which I last posted in 2006, I believe. Since then, life has changed a lot, and I want to use this as a way to chronicle my past and see what goals I've reached, what I've accomplished and never dreamed i would, and things I'd like to do that are still just glimmers of a spark in my imagination. The title comes from one of those glimmers; anyone who reads this is not surprised by the fact that aviation is a big part of my life. One of the wild and crazy ideas I had in my younger days that I haven't quite let go of is someday owning and managing my own airfield complete with restoration shop. It would be named Flyin' Round on account of my love of antique airplanes, with a particular soft spot in my heart for the ones with those big, round radial and rotary engines.

Picture from 'Fantasy of Flight' in Polk City, FL featuring a Fokker Dr. 1,  Fokker D. VIII,
and a Short Sunderland flying boat, all with beautiful round engines.

Anyways, that dream still has a ways to go, but I haven't given up on it yet. We're supposed to dream big, aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment